Clear Water CTLocation: Wethersfield, CT 06109 Document ID: B0145-2E3F
Ad Number: 173017120 Published on: 2022-05-0705/07/2022 Job Type: Regular
Published in: CTjobs.com
CWM General Laborer
What We Live By……
The McWane Way is a core philosophy outlined by the founder J.R. McWane in 1920. Today It encompasses Teamwork, Excellence, Leadership, Environment, Communication, Accountability, Safety and Trust. All team members at every level are expected to know and work by these principles, values, and behaviors. Most importantly, every team member is expected to be able to answer this question, “What does this mean for me?” This is the all-important question because behavior is the best evidence of a living principle. Join the McWane team on the journey to The McWane Way.
Who We Are……
McWane Inc. has a newly created division, McWane Plant and Industrial (MPI). This new division, based in Birmingham, AL, combines all Plant and Industrial Products in a single customer-focused package. We offer comprehensive solutions through an experienced team of professionals specifically focused on these two special markets. Our Mission is to be the Plant and Industrial supplier who is “easiest to do business with”.
McWane, Inc. recently completed the acquisition of Clear Water Manufacturing Corp, headquartered in Wethersfield, Connecticut. Clear Water Manufacturing joins McWane as a premier manufacturer and distributor of ductile iron and steel pipe fabrications. In addition to their location in Connecticut, Clear Water currently operates manufacturing facilities in Lynchburg, Virginia, Louisville, Kentucky, and Houston, Texas.
- Perform a variety of tasks assisting with the operation of the plant, including using hand tools, cleaning, washing, sweeping, and shoveling materials.
- Assist colleagues in the servicing, repairing, and adjusting of various pieces of equipment throughout the plant.
- May assist in performing daily cleaning inspections and maintenance of the plant equipment in order to ensure safe, reliable, and compliant operations that maximize production and minimize interruptions.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned
- Some high school education.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Standing, walking, stooping, balancing, kneeling, reaching, and sitting are some of the physical requirements.
- Must be able to meet and adhere physical requirements as well as adhere to wearing the appropriate PPE (steel toed boots, safety glasses, hearing protection and mask).
- Will be required to work in the following conditions: heat, cold, noise, and vibration.
- Must be able to work in dust and fumes.
- Will be required to work overtime and extended hours depending on customer and company demands.
- Must be able to work outside in all types of weather conditions and tolerate being exposed to loud noises.
- Must have some knowledge of industrial tools, their uses, and maintenance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. McWane Plant & Industrial. is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. It is the Company's policy to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, or any other legally protected status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and reserve the right to perform substance abuse testing as needed.