This job posting is no longer active on CTjobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
New England Industrial TruckLocation: Wallingford, CT 06492 Document ID: AB285-54LE Posted on: 2017-07-2407/24/2017 Job Type: Regular
Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician
To provide inspection, planned maintenance, and repair of various forklifts and other material handling equipment as directed by the Service or Branch Manager.
Nature and Scope:
The Field Service Technician reports directly to the Service or Branch Manager. His/her primary duties are to inspect, diagnose, and repair vehicles, truck, forklifts, and other equipment.
The incumbent must know how to use diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot and test in order to arrive at a correct diagnosis. Once determination of problem is made, the Technician will schedule and perform the work necessary to make such repairs, which may include working on gasoline, diesel, and propane engines, repair cooling, fuel, electrical, and exhaust, systems using diagnostic tools as needed.
The Technician incumbent will also be required to perform planned maintenance as needed to improve condition and performance of equipment He/She will consult with the Service or Branch Manager if problem are encountered that require more expert analysis or if instruction /assistance is needed for new or unusual situations that may develop.
- Inspect automobiles, trucks, and equipment to determine the extent of repairs.
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain hydraulic systems. Plan and coordinate large repair projects, estimating time and material, needed for work. Perform needed repairs on gasoline, diesel, propane, electric forklifts,
- Inspect, adjust, and repair components as needed.
- Repair cooling, fuel, electrical, and exhaust systems using diagnostic tools.
- Perform preventative maintenance as need to improve condition and performance of equipment.
- Operate equipment to troubleshoot and test equipment as needed,
- Maintain records of all maintenance performed.
- Submit quotes for repair.
- Supervise Mechanic I to ensure effectively completed projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Assist with cleaning and maintaining garage area as needed. *Other related duties as required.
- The methods, materials, equipment and tools used in vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Various mechanical systems of gasoline and diesel engines.
- Various electrical systems of gasoline and diesel engines.
- Various electrical components and systems of electric forklifts.
- Standard practices, tools and equipment of the automotive and equipment mechanical trade.
- Principles and practice of gasoline and diesel engine repairs and maintenance.
- Familiarity with a variety of hand and powered shop tools.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety procedures.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with peers and others with whom he will have contact.
- Work in absence of supervision and have the ability to supervise mechanics of a lesser level of experience.
- Attendance at a vocational school in auto mechanics and background experience working as an auto mechanic. Sufficient experience may be substituted for vocational school attendance.
- Experience with repairs of forklifts a plus.
Please apply below.