A.R. Mazzotta Employment SpecialistsLocation: Putnam, CT 06260 Document ID: B0394-17V8 Posted on: 2024-02-2902/29/2024 Job Type: Regular
Mold Maintenance Technician
Injection Molding Mold/Die/Tool Technician
If you are interested in adding value through manufacturing, looking for the stability of a growing global company – a career is for you. As an Mold Maintenance Technician in Putnam, CT you will be part of a team driving the growth of a market leading company.
In this role, you will perform a variety of tool maintenance tasks to maintain quality molds and fixtures used in injection molding and you will support manufacturing processes by assisting engineers to solve complex mold related problems. You will have the opportunity to advance ’s value proposition, culture, business as well as the technical aspects of our products and applications.
Precision Components is a global supplier of high-performance thermoplastics components offering multiple fabrication solutions. serves the market for engineering plastics by combining our injection molding and machining expertise with our knowledge of high-performance polymers and applications. In doing so, we provide our customers with a variety of options as they push the envelope of innovation and part design in their respective industries.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with Engineering/Tool Room Departments to develop maintenance programs for tools, molds, fixtures and equipment in Tool Room
- Prepare mold maintenance schedules with input from Production, Engineering and Tool Room.
- Assembly and disassemble tools/molds
- Clean molds and perform general maintenance on molds as necessary
- Organize and maintain Tool Room equipment, maintenance plans, and document efforts.
- Maintain blueprints, files and mold storage system.
- Identify issues with molds during maintenance.
- Develop thorough knowledge of molding processes, materials and products.
- Comply with all safety regulations, company policies and procedures.
- Maintain equipment and department in a clean and orderly condition.
- Support continuous improvement efforts.
Qualifications / Competencies
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in advanced trades’ mathematics and some industry-specific knowledge of injection molding processes, high performance materials and injection molding machine tools preferred
- Some knowledge of Tool Room equipment and maintenance procedures
- Ability to read, and comprehend blueprints, product specifications and interpret and communicate information
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and use judgment to draw valid conclusions
- Must have ability to write clearly
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- More than 3 years of experience preferred
- Moderate physically demand in walking, bending, reaching and moving equipment and materials, exerting up to 50 pounds of force.