The Hotchkiss SchoolLocation: Lakeville, CT 06039 Document ID: AF126-003B Posted on: 2021-04-0204/02/2021 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Not Specified2021-05-02
Admission Visit Coordinator
The School is eager to accept applications from individuals who are excited to support an inclusive and warm working and learning community for students and employees from a wide array of backgrounds and experiences.
Responsible for the coordination of the admission office reception center; greeting all admission visitors and their families; working closely with admission counselors, student tour guides, coaches, and faculty; screening and referring telephone calls; responding to email inquiries, and the processing of varied forms and materials relating to the admission process. Responsible for creating and maintaining interview schedules in the backend of the Slate database.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of positive customer service relations in the admission reception center.
- Coordinate and maintain the admission reception center, including restocking and ordering of coffee bar and other supplies.
- Greet all visitors to the Office of Admission and Financial Aid.
- Ensure a smooth operational approach to high volume of visitors, tour guides, admission counselors, coaches, and faculty.
- Prepare daily materials, including but not limited to: visit schedule and prospective student name tags.
- Make necessary connections, well in advance, to school representatives (such as teachers and coaches) for families as needed or
- Answer routine questions and provide a variety of school-related information to visitors.
- Implementation of the student tour guide assignment schedule and
- Create and maintain visitor interview schedule (for Spring, Summer and Fall/Winter schedules) within the Slate database in an accurate and timely manner.
- Answer telephone, screen and refer calls, take messages for office.
- Assist with general clerical duties including, but not limited to; booking appointments, creating events, filing, mailings, word processing, and data entry.
- Compile lists and/or tabulate cumulative data for regular or special reports such as yearly comparisons or surveys.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed and assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate degree in Business, Hospitality, or related field strongly preferred.
- Combination of education and work experience in related field is required.
- Three years of hospitality/customer service experience.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and make sound decisions with flexibility/adaptability and a calm demeanor.
- Possess an outgoing, positive, enthusiastic and caring demeanor.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and timelines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (Word and Excel), and Zoom Video Communications.
- Experience with Slate database preferred.
- Must be able to work in an office environment.
- Must be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Vision and hearing must be adequate to effectively perform normal duties and understand and communicate with visitors, students, and co-workers.
- Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks.
- Ability to walk outdoors, if required for tours, as needed and climb stairs.
- Must bend, stoop, reach and kneel regularly.
- Must be able to lift approximately 20+ pounds at times.
- The Hotchkiss School property is a tobacco-free environment.
The essential functions and basic skills have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This position description is subject to change at any time.
The Hotchkiss School is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to basing judgments concerning the employment of individuals upon their qualifications and abilities.
The School is firmly committed to equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and applicants in all phases of the employment process (including recruitment, hiring, assignment, terms and conditions of employment, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline and termination).
In accordance with applicable law, the School does not discriminate against any individual based on age, ancestry, color, genetic information, learning disability, marital status, past or present history of mental disability, national origin, physical disability, race, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.