SegalLocation: Farmington, CT 06032 Document ID: AB356-03E0 Posted on: 2017-09-1209/12/2017 Job Type: Regular
Will not pay relocation expenses
Senior Health Benefits Analyst
About Segal Group (Segal):
For nearly 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits, retirement plan investment advisory and human resources consulting for multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. Segal is an independent, privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients. Headquartered in New York City, Segal has offices throughout the United States and in Canada. We are a smaller organization that provides a more intense and broader exposure for development purposes within a culture that is highly collegial and team-oriented. You will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, talented and...nice people. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes a defined benefit and matching 401(k) retirement plans.
The Senior Health Benefits Analyst is integral to supporting the delivery of a broad and diverse range of group health benefits consulting services to our clients. The health practice provides opportunities to work in Public Sector, Multi-Employer, and Corporate markets, and offers significant visibility and client interaction, and opportunities to perform as an influential member of client teams.
The Senior Health Benefits Analyst will interact directly with team members, clients and other professionals in providing an integrated and thorough approach to meeting client’s financial needs. The Senior Health Benefits Analyst performs these duties at a high level of proficiency, is responsible for analytical work, collaborates effectively with client team members, and interfaces directly with clients and vendors.
The Senior Health Benefits Analyst's major responsibilities include:
- analysis and interpretation of health care data, including medical, prescription drug, stop loss, dental, vision, life and disability coverages;
- budget projections;
- pricing of benefit changes for health coverages utilizing experience and/or manual rating tools;
- renewal analyses;
- vendor negotiations;
- bid specification preparation and analysis of vendor proposals;
- assisting consultants with the presentation of data and options to clients;
- writing reports and memoranda to describe analyses and make recommendations to clients; and
- working on ad hoc analysis reports and projects.
Requirements for this position include:
- a bachelor's degree;
- three or more years of group health underwriting, actuarial or equivalent experience in a consulting environment;
- a working knowledge of funding arrangements and health claims experience analysis;
- understanding of plan design features and healthcare trends;
- strong interpersonal/communication and writing skills;
- proven analytical and negotiation skills;
- proficiency with project management;
- ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment;
- ability to work independently and interact collaboratively as part of a client team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
Affirmative Action/Diversity Inclusion at Segal:
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
How to Apply
Please apply using the link below: