This job posting is no longer active on CTjobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Tours of DistinctionLocation: East Windsor, CT 06088 Document ID: AB322-5KK6 Posted on: 2017-08-1808/18/2017 Job Type: Regular
Will not pay relocation expenses
|Salary: $30000 -- $40000|
Day Trip Tour Specialist
Day Trip Tour Specialist
We are currently seeking a full-time, innovative and forward-thinking individual for the position of Day Trip Tour Specialist. The Day Trip Tour Specialist will deliver Day Trip product development and operations while delivering an exceptional client experience. Working with the Day Trip Tour Manager, the role will research and strategize best sales positioning amongst client base and maximize contracting opportunities and vendor relationships.
If you have it what it takes, let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore, research and determine the viability of new product relevant to Tours of Distinction’s customer base
- Coordinate with restaurants, attractions, and other vendors to determine availability of group space
- Negotiate contracts with vendors
- Block group space; Build tour package according to Tours of Distinction’s pricing guidelines
- Maintain margins and profitability on all day tours in line with Tours of Distinction policy
- Initiate follow-up for tour feedback and improvements can be introduced
- Make sure that the tour is complete, vouchers, payments, and documents are done and completed.
- Aggregate documents for Group Leaders
- Finalize statements and create package for the Tour Director.
- Schedule Tour Director appointments to go over the tour.
- 1-3 years experience in a similar role in the travel industry a must
- Group product experience and New England product/destination knowledge an asset, but not essential
- Ability to write, speak and interact clearly and professionally
- Extremely strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines and budgets required
- Excellent customer service skills with a demonstrated ability to build solid relationships and maximize the opportunity of each customer contact
- Proven record in commercial, negotiation, communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (emphasis on Power Point applications, for effective formulation of presentations), Adobe InDesign, CMS and webinar tools
- Ability to adapt to new technology, learn new programs quickly, and use computers to improve productivity
- Proficient in Excel spreadsheets to store and manipulate account data
- College degree highly preferred with emphasis in travel and tourism a plus
- Travel is essential to this position
Expanding our product range, we look forward seeing you develop some unique memories and be part of the journey.
Tours of Distinction is a family-owned business that has been providing memorable group travel experiences to New Englanders for over 45 years. This is a great opportunity to really be creative and make a difference in people’s lives when they travel. Plus, no one said work shouldn’t be fun!
Tours of Distinction is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.