City Facilities ManagementLocation: Cromwell, CT 06416 Document ID: AC061-2XDT Posted on: 2018-02-1202/12/2018 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Not Specified2018-03-14
The supermarket refrigeration technician repairs refrigeration and HVAC mechanical and electrical systems throughout retail locations to support operations and minimize product loss.
- Maintain refrigeration and HVAC for a group of retail locations.
- Establish effective regular communication with Site Management to ensure they are kept informed of all ongoing maintenance activities
- Liaise with Site Management team to ensure that all planned maintenance activities are communicated effectively
- Provide all required job updates on a timely basis
- Be proactive in refrigerant leak checking and repairs.
- Maintain all assets for which you have responsibility to the highest standards
- Perform refrigeration/HVAC preventive maintenance checks in a timely manner as assigned.
- Monitor and log refrigerant usage within assigned stores.
- Maintain clean and safe conditions in machine and electrical rooms.
- Communicate as needed with retail store location personnel to maintain refrigerated product integrity.
- Participate in company’s “on call” after hours emergency call program.
- Assist with trouble shooting problems.
- Complete equipment inventories as assigned.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Act in accordance with all Company policies & procedures.
- Possesses a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Journeyman qualified in refrigeration and HVAC systems, or equivalent work experience.
- E.P.A. certified for refrigerant handling class I & II, or universal.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- In depth working knowledge of supermarket rack refrigeration equipment, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills; Refrigeration Controller Technology, Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and successful experience in previous jobs and responsibilities.
- Above average troubleshooting and guest service skills.
- Ability to multitask, work with limited supervision and make sound decisions quickly.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
City Facilities Management (MA) LLC is one of the world’s leading facilities management companies. City is the exclusive provider of facilities maintenance services.
Our Mission is to provide our client the best maintained stores, exceeding their expectations every day.
Our culture is critical to our environment.
Our Goal is to give people a store they trust, delivering Quality, Service and Value.
Our Values are our customer comes first – always! We care passionately about what we do and we constantly try to do better. We are one team who respects each other.
We’re always looking for good people to join our team. We don’t just hire anyone at City; we’re looking for associates who have that perfect balance of aptitude and attitude.
Successful candidates will receive a very generous benefits package that includes 28 days PTO along with strong medical, dental, other insurance coverage, and a company 401k match with immediate vesting. City Technicians are fully outfitted with uniforms, tools and a company vehicle.