This role will be responsible for working as part of the maintenance team in a Medical Device manufacturing plant. This role will perform routine preventative and unplanned machine maintenance. The equipment is in a fast paced, ever changing, manufacturing environment. The equipment utilizes pneumatics, hydraulics, stepper motors, servo motors, encoders, thermal ovens, water baths, which have PLC controls. Some do contain relay logic.
- Performs routine/preventive maintenance and unplanned emergency repairs. Troubleshoot repairs and install replacements as required on machines to assure satisfactory operation with minimum downtime.
- Works from mechanical and pneumatic/hydraulic prints, electric diagrams, manufacturers’ printed instructions to troubleshoot and locate mechanical, hydraulic/pneumatic and electrical problems in functional and control systems. Adjusts, repairs or replaces defective parts or materials. Performs routine preventative maintenance inspections on hydraulic/pneumatic valves, lines, connections, pumps following preventative maintenance schedules.
- Uses mechanical maintenance tools, equipment and machines as required. Full working knowledge of Volt-Ohm Ammeters for electrical checks and diagnosis. Safely follows Lockout/Tagout requirements while performing duties.
- Fabrication skills, ability to weld, cut and grind and/or fabricate from prints are a distinct advantage.
- Immediately Reports problems and unusual or unsafe situations which cannot be resolved quickly.
- Observes all health and safety requirements and maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Perform 5s activities in a team environment as required.
- Perform on call with rotating schedule.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma and or general education (GED);
- 5+ years of maintenance experience required.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Full understanding of the use of basic hand tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Must own and maintain full set of mechaic tools
- Ability to read and understand schematics.
- Basic plc troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Electrical license preferred
- Lock out tag out trained preferred
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain equipment and fixtures.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts using hand tools and power tools.
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs on a regular basis,+50lbs on occasion required
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.